Announcements start off the show as host Mitch Gatzke (@GreatGatzke) tidies up some things. Then, the big takeaways from the Yankees’ sweep of the Cubs at Wrigley over the weekend. The Cubs have not started 2017 the way they started 2016 and people are starting to notice. What’s wrong? In the wake of Sunday night’s 18 inning marathon, Mitch has a radical idea. What big change does he want to make to the end of games? Lastly, Francisco Rodriguez seems to be done closing games. Mitch talks about the Tigers’ trouble position and what could be next.
- Baby Bombers Sweep Defending Champs
- Cubs Still Trying to Find Themselves
- Enough Extras, Time for Ties
- Francisco Rodriguez done as Tigers’ Closer?
- John from the Bronx: Blue Jays’ Gibbons calls into radio show [ESPN]
- Gotta See It: John Gibbons trolls Blue Jays Talk [YouTube]
- The healing in Boston lasted exactly two minutes, eight seconds [Scott Lauber/ESPN]
- Yankees-Cubs sets MLB record with 48 combined strikeouts [ESPN]
- These Yankees and Cubs are destined to meet in a World Series [Andrew Marchand/ESPN]
- Cubs’ 2017 identity is far from clear [Phil Rogers/MLB.com]
- Following that Yankees-Cubs marathon, making a case for and against ties in MLB [Matt Snyder/CBS Sports]